Thursday, March 4, 2021

Hey Chick Super Fun and Easy Thank You Card!

 As I start out with Stampin' Up, I really need to have a lot of Thank You's available to be ready to give out to all those who help me get going!  You'll see quite a few of these coming up.  

The Hey Chick Stamp and Die Set was my very first new set I got with my Starter Kit!  When I saw these I knew what I had to do...sign up because what could be cuter?  Well, maybe gnomes but come on...CHICKENS!  

So here's a quick and fun little card that uses my new stamps and some of the FREE paper I received to start out as well.



Hey Chick Super Fun and Easy Thank You Card

White 3 1/2" x 5" card

Designer Series Paper rectangle cut to 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"

2 DSP contrasting strips (I used a much brighter color than my background) cut to 2 3/4" x 1 and the second 4 1/2" x 1

DSP 3rd contrasting color strip cut to 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" (I stamped "Thank You" on this with a stamp from the Sweet Ice Cream Set with Bumblebee Stamp Pad)

Plain matching card stock cut to 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" to stamp chicken on (I used a light lilac)

Use adhesive tape to first tape down largest rectangle, then make a T with the 2 contrasting strips in the middle of the card.  The strip that is stamped will go over the long part of the T in the middle of the card.  

Stamp the chicken on the lighter plain strip.  I cut the corners off for a different look and colored my chicken in with colored pencils.  The stamp was done with Black Ink.  I used my markers to make a long dash dot pattern around the border.  Once finished I used a dimensional adhesive to place the chick on the left side of the card.

You can leave the inside blank if you wish.  I used another strip of DSP paper measuring 3 3/4" x 1" to stamp the egg with feet and the "you're a good egg" sentiment on this and used my adhesive tape to put lengthwise inside the card with another plain piece of cardstock cut to 2" x 3" and taped that over the DSP.  I had used colored pencils on the egg to color the feet and shade the egg.  I finished it all off with 4 rhinestones in each corner of this piece.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink.  



A very quick and fun project to try out new stamps!  

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...