Saturday, June 19, 2021

My homage to David Rose

 David Rose's sweaters!  

Recently I saw that Lion Brand Yarn has joined with the company that manages things for Schitt's Creek.  They are creating a line of yarn and sweater patterns to be released later this year for all of the cool sweaters seen on the show!  WOWWWie!  I'm so excited!  I have to knit one of those!  

In the meantime, I am playing with paper that makes me think of the Rose's.  It's such a funny show!  I've watched it twice through (thanks, Covid).  

The True Love Designer Series Paper that will be retiring soon is perfect to start thinking about this theme.  


Here you can see that I've got quite a few scraps of the DSP still so I combined it on a Basic Black Cardstock base along with a bigger piece directly on top of that of DSP.  Then I embossed a piece of Basic Black with the Checks & Dots Embossing Folder.  On top of that, I cut strips of my leftovers.  The pink leopard piece is from the Pattern Party DSP pack that is in the new catalog.  I cut that with the soon to be retiring Curvy Dies set.  I finished off the card with a sentiment from the every so funny Stamp Set Lighthearted Lines that is popped up with dimensionals.  Loving that for you...lol.



You may notice one of my favorite old stamps in the picture from the retired Bundled Up set, a very appropriate sweater stamp for David Rose.  

"I've asked you thrice..."  haha  You've just gotta watch it.  The first couple of episodes may have you saying, mmm I don't know...but just keep going!  It's so worth it!

I may have some more David Rose cards to make...stay tuned!  If you are interested in any of the materials I've used to make this card, please visit my Projects tab on my website:   Shana's Shopping Site.  

No Ew about it...that was fun!

See you next time!

Shana & The Big Dogs



2 comments:

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...