Monday, December 6, 2021

Snowy Birthdays

 Do you have a winter birthday or know someone who does?  I have two people in my family who have birthdays in December and they kind of get ripped off with the Holidays being front and center for a lot of people.  

Today I wanted to share my little snowman friend who is having a birthday and is having a darn fine time of it, too!  He is from the Snowman Season Stamp Set.


I started out with a Basic White piece of cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scoring at 4 1/4".  To that, since it's a party, I took a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Pool Party cardstock and stamped some snowflakes and snowballs for a light background using Pool Party ink.  The next layer was a piece of Basic White measuring 5" x 3-3/4". I ran it through my Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine using the Bark 3D Embossing Folder.  Then I used the 3rd up from the smallest size of the Layering Diorama dies for a little window.  

Because I love sparkles so much, I had to add the White Glitter Organza Ribbon under two scalloped ovals that I had punched out with the Double Oval Punch using Basic White and a scrap piece of Sweet Stockings Designer Series Paper.  

I found the cutest sentiment in a set called All Squared Away.  I used a little bit darker ink in Bermuda Bay for this.  The font is so cute!  Can you see the little holiday rhinestone on the right side?  These are my absolute favorite embellishments!  

Then it was time for the Birthday Boy himself!  I stamped our little friend on a scrap of Basic White using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  


Now you know what I'm going to say next, right??  

Of course, I grabbed my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and used Pool Party Ink and Pumpkin Pie to add some colorful sparkly magic to the little guy.  I just can't stop using that technique!  

I popped the snowman up with Dimensionals along with the white scallop piece with the sentiment.  

We had a good time today!

You can find all of the items that I used on My Project Page on my website.   

I hope you liked making a Birthday card during a pretty holiday kind of month!

See you next time!

Shana & The Big Dogs



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...