Sunday, May 2, 2021

Encouragement Card

 I loved making this card so much!  The beautiful Designer Series Paper True Love (#154281) has been my go to for projects lately!  

I wanted to make something quickly for someone super special to me to let them know I'm thinking about them and that they are amazing of course.  

I got out my new pack of Blender Brushes (#153611) and grabbed some blue and green ink pads.  (I used Pretty Peacock (retiring), Seaside Spray (retiring) and Coastal Cabana (#147097).  I then applied ink in a kind of ombre manner onto a section of the large flowers of the True Love set.  (I had cut a 3-3/4" square piece and a 1" x 3-3/4" piece of the DSP.)  I then used a Basic Black piece of cardstock (#121045) measuring 11" x 4-1/4", scored at 5-1/2" and at 4-1/4".  

After blending with inks, I applied a Wink of Stella (#141897) to a big flower on the big square and to one on the smaller strip!  So sparkly!  

I then used a sentiment from the new stamp set coming out May 4 called Color & Contour (#154994).  I love this set!  I cut a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock (#159276) with my scissors to resemble a banner.  I then applied some leftover ink from my blending brushes to the sentiment piece as well as a 3-3/4" square Basic White piece for the inside of the card, and to the envelope.  I then attached the inner white square with Stampin' Seal.  

I used my Stampin' Seal (#149699) to adhere the DSP to the card stock.  I tied Snowflake Splendor ribbon which is currently on clearance (#153548) to the small scored section as shown and then I glued down the small inch section on the inside of the card.  The card will open sideways.  I used Mini Stampin' Dimensionals (#144108) to attach the sentiment.  

I attached 3 Matte Black Dots as shown (#154284).  That's it!  I'm in love with this card.  I love the fun little glued down 1 inch part to give it a different look!  I'll probably make a bunch more more like this with different color patterns.  I hope you like it!






You can find the materials for purchase for this project: 


See you next time!

Shana & the dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...