Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Technique Tuesday! Rainbow Trees

 Hello, Technique Tuesday!  Also hooray for our brand new catalog!


May the 4th be with you...I couldn't help that.

Today I wanted to share a fun little technique I love to do...paper quilting!  I needed to make a rainbow card for a card challenge today and so I thought I would try out my new die set from our brand new catalog which started today!  I used Inspiring Canopy Die Set (#155963) (BRAND NEW!!) along with a sentiment from the always popular Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set (#154456).  





The fun technique part:

I used 7 colors from the Brights Cardstock collection (#146975) to cover the rainbow.  I used Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, and Gorgeous Grape.  I cut 1" wide x 6" strips of each color.  I then took a thin piece of copy paper and applied adhesive over a 6" x 6" piece.  Then I place all of the strips in the order as they are listed above.  

I used the trees die from the Inspiring Canopy Die Set and ran it through my Stampin' Cut and Emboss Machine (#149653).  Hooray!  Rainbow Trees made by paper quilting.  I love doing this!  I did have to trim a tiny bit of the ground off to fit on my Basic Black Cardstock Base which measures 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4".  I used mini glue dots (#103683) to attach the trees to the Basic Black Cardstock.  

I then stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" with Gorgeous Grape Stamp Pad (#147099) and used Mini Stampin' Dimensionals (#144108) to pop it up!

Last but not least I had some Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins (#152477) to random spots on the trees.  The Die Set has leaves available to cover the trees if you wish but I just preferred them without.  

You can find all of the items used for this project on my Projects tab on my Stampin' Up! Website:

My Projects Page

I hope you like it!

See you next time!

Shana & the Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...