Saturday, June 26, 2021

Seashells by the Seashore


 

Good morning!  

I wanted to share with you a card I made last night for a friend!  I just received the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set (#158203) and I was just playing around with it.  I also have the die set Seaside Seashells (#156095).  

Here you can see the results!  The main die was cut using a scrap piece of ombre paper.  I used some retired projects as I was just playing around with things.  The starfish are die cut with Champagne Foil.  The sentiment is from the very cute stamp set Pansy Patch (#154999).  The cardstock was Gray Granite (#146983).  The front was embossed with a retired folder called Subtle 3D embossing which I use all the time and can't believe it's gone...but that is how it goes.  

I stamped the shells with Pretty Peacock Ink (another just retired but I love it and I need to use up some stuff).  

These past few weeks I've been trying to focus on using up some of my retired papers and inks to make room for the new Mini Catalog that will be coming out soon.  Yesterday, time was spent marking all of the things that will be retired in my personal stash.  I also cut out the die set pictures to include with each set for ease of what is all in the folder.  It's a great thing to be able to just glance over and remind myself of what the dies are capable of.  

Back to the card...I used dimensionals to pop the shells up from the base of the card and then slid some shiny starfish underneath.  The sentiment came next on a leftover scrap of the ombre paper and was then trimmed.  The ribbon under the sentiment is is Snowflake Splendor (#153548) that is on clearance right now for around $4!).  I try to sneak it on to every card I make!  After everything was glued down, I used my old Pretty Peacock Stampin' Write Marker to splatter ink dots all over the front.  The card was then finished with some shiny embellishments placed here and there.  Can you see them?  

This was a fun project to do using up some parts!  I truly love all of my stamp sets!  I have a hard time letting go when the catalogs change.  Some demonstrators sell their old sets but I have not reached the point of letting go.  I so enjoy using them over and over.  Maybe space one day will dictate I do that but that is no fun!  lol


I sure hope my friend likes my card!

Until next time!

Shana & The Big Dogs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...