Thursday, July 15, 2021

Designer Series Paper Card Challenge

Today my team had a Designer Series Paper Card Challenge because there is a sale on some right now for 15% through the end of the month.  



I chose to use Bloom Where You're Planted (#155696).  Our challenge was to cut a piece of DSP 12" x 4 1/4" and to score at 5 1/2" and 11".  Then the 1" fold section would be folded for a standard card size.  

For my card, I die cut plants from the paper along with fussy cutting one that didn't have a die.  I used the Perfect Plants Die Set (#155562).  It's amazing to me that the dies match up exactly with the DSP.  One of the huge strengths of Stampin' Up! is the coordination of everything.  It is unbelievably awesome how they figure this all out.  I added the cat from the Pampered Pets (#152520) and the Pets Die Set (#152705).  For the cat, I used Stampin' Blends to color with Dark Crumb Cake (#144581) and Dark Pale Papaya (#155519).  After using my Stampin' Seal to adhere the 1" flap down, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to place the cat on the bottom of the card.  To the left of her I used my Dimensionals again for my die cut plant.  Above the cat is the plant that I used my scissors to cut out.  Toward the top of the card was another plant that looks like an Aloe Plant but I think it has another name.  This one I just glued down flat. To finish it off, I die cut one of the Taylor Made Tags with the Die Set (#155563) and a sentiment from Dressed to Impress (#158321).  The ink for this was Evening Evergreen (#155576).   I know exactly who I'm giving this card to so it was the perfect sentiment to pick.  To finish it off, I tied a piece of Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon (#155780) for the tag and again went for my Dimensionals.   


On the inside of the card I cut a piece of Soft Succulent Cardstock (#155776) 4" x 5 1/4".

The double sided Designer Series Paper proves to be so amazing and really puts no limit on what you can come up with!

It's so fun to see what comes from challenges and how people interpret directions. Which paper would you use?


To find any of the products that I used to make this card, please click here which will take you to My Projects on my website:  My Projects Page

Thanks for checking this out!  

See you next time!

Shana & The Big Dogs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...