Saturday, July 24, 2021

Thank You's & Sympathy Cards

This week's cards needed were some Thank You's and a Sympathy Card (which are never any fun to make at all).  

Embossing Folders popped right into my head to use as I've really been enjoying cards that have the same color backgrounds as the fronts.  


I also wanted to try and make some that maybe a guy could give out.  My husband said he'd really feel a little funny handing out a Thank You with tons of flowers or "girlie" things on it.  Okay, so this is what I came up with.  I hope stars aren't too "girlie" lol.  

I started with Basic White Cardstock (159276) cut to a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" base.  For the first card I used the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Star-crossed Embossing Folder (156567) which happens to be in the new Mini Holiday Catalog on a piece of Basic White Cardstock measuring 5 1/4" x 4".  The sentiment Thank You is from the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set (154456) and the label it is on is the smallest rectangle from the Scalloped Contours Die Set (155560) using black ink.  


The second Thank You card uses the Thank You folder from the Thanks & Hello Embossing Folder (155430) with the same measurements as above.  The Thanks sentiment is from the Biggest Wish Stamp Set (155052) and was placed on one part of the 2 part Double Oval Punch (154242).  

These Thank You's could come from anyone, I think.  


Sympathy Cards are the worst to have to make.  When needed, I like to really concentrate on sending helping, healing thought to the recipient.  For this card I used the very beautiful Dandelions 3D Embossing Folder (152953).  There is just something about this set that brings peace to my mind.  The Pale Papaya Cardstock (155668) adds just the right amount of warmth along with the sentiment (happens to be a retired one) and the Open Weave Soft Succulent Ribbon (155780) adds some softness.  The ink color is Evening Evergreen (155576) which brings a soulful feel to the card.  I think Pale Papaya and Evening Evergreen pair up so well together!



I hope that these might help you create some cards this week!  You can see all of the items I used to make these cards on my Stampin' Up! website at:  My Projects Page

We are just a week and a half away from the start of our new Mini Holiday Catalog!  If you're a current customer of mine, I hope you have received your copy to look through in advance.  If you'd like a catalog, please let me know.  My kick-off event will be August 3, 2021 at 6:30 pm on my Facebook page.  I'll be sharing some of the new products and would love to have you join me!  Sale-abration also begins on this day which means FREE stuff!  Can't wait!

See you next time!

Shana & The Big Dogs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' In The Studio...Sunday version!

 Hello!  Today I wanted to work with the newest Paper Pumpkin Kit, show you another kit called Cozy & Bright, and share some of my favor...